Re: working supermount patch for 2.4.18?

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 11:01, Kristian Rink wrote:
> On 03 Jul 2002 10:25:39 -0500
> "Roach, Mark R." <mrroach@uhg.net> wrote:
>
> > I have heard that supermount is going to be added to the linus
> > kernel at some point in 2.5, does anyone know if this is the case?
>
> Hmmm, dunno about this. At least, the jp-patchset (
> http://infolinux.de/jp ) has (besides other helpful stuff like an
> alsa backport and the crypto-api stuff) a working supermount in it.

If you look at the supermount section on their site, it also references
the mandrakesoft link that I mentioned.

> So if you dare to download / apply the more or less 4 meg of
> patches, you should be with supermount on your box ( needs a 2.4.18
> kernel patched to 2.4.19-pre8, though).

yeah, that is not really what I want to do. from their site:

 " 19. take a deep breath! You are running a jp kernel now! "

I would rather not run a "jp kernel" if I can help it :)

-Mark