Operational, finally! sort of...

I'm finally feeling comfortable in Linux for the first time.  After much
work, I got my nVidia card working (had to bypass the xfs and enter all the
paths by hand).  The performance is very good on this machine.

There's only 2 problems I have left to resolve before I'll be doing
everything in Linux that I did in Windows:  my mouse wheel doesn't work (it's
an IntellimouseExplorer connected through PS2) and I can't watch TV under
Linux.  In XP, I was using a small application that could render full-screen
video from my Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge.  It works so well, I sold my TV 2
years ago and have been using my 19" monitor ever since.  First with my
Voodoo3 card, then the DV Bridge when I got tired of the beta drivers locking
up the computer under Win2k.

I've done some research on DV under linux and found dvgrab and capture, but
couldn't get either one to work.  I'm running Woody with the 2.4.18-686
kernel image.  Anyone know of a way to render this video?

Some specs on my system:  Celeron 800  (overclocked to 1.067Ghz and running
between 98 and 106 degrees F), 512MB of ram, nVidia GeForce2 MX400, IBM 61GB
7200 rpm & WD 120GB 7200 rpm drives.  (WindowsXP has 2.5GB of hda5 and Linux
has the rest of the 180GB).  Can you belive that other than the video card
and hard drives, this system was less than $200 and runs better than the Dell
I bought 3 years ago for $3,000!

Barry