Re: sound and network on new kernel

Jeremy Turner wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Wozniski [mailto:laser_17961@killall.net] Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 5:25 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: sound and network on new kernel

ok... i installed debian potato, and upgraded to woody, i was left running a 2.2.19 kernel that i could connect to the network with, but that didn't support my sound card. i tried to compile a new kernel that would give me sound and network support, made sure that my net driver was loadable as a module and made the kernel, copied the files to /boot and configured and ran lilo. with the new kernel, i have sound, but i can't connect to my network, and i have no idea why, the only clue i have is that my soundcard and nic use the same irq, but that shouldn't be a problem because they're both pci. anyone
have any ideas what's wrong?

(1) is the nic module loaded? (lsmod)
(2) turn off your read receipts
(3) trim your lines to 72 or so lines