Re: should I try ext3 filesystems even though barely documented?

O> osamu@goofy:~$ apropos ext3
O> fs (5)               - Linux filesystem types: minix, ext, ext2, ext3,
my fs manpage doesn't mention ext3 and
    ------- Up-to-date Important packages in section doc -------
 *** Imp doc      manpages     1.39-1.1    1.39-1.1    Man pages about using a Linux system.

oh, no wonder,
O>  Osamu Aoki @ Cupertino CA USA
O>  See "Debian reference": http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/
O>  "Debian reference" Project at: http://qref.sf.net
you must have the freshest.

O> Many ext2 tools can be used on ext3 filesystem.  Just remount them as
O> ext2.  You just loose journaling.  Heck if you do ext2resize, do you
O> care? I do not consider resize is critical.

just remount them as ext2, just remount them as ext2... urm, this
newbie is opting out.  I will read up on this "journaling", for all I
know it might be for Wall Street Journal readers.  Anyway, the whole
caper doesn't sound like a newbie-appropriate thing.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780