Re: OpenOffice Question

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 02:18, Larry Smith wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is an openoffice version
> that is compatible with  Debian Potato?

None that I know... well if you're really interested to create debs for
it you can always compile OOo 1.0 from source, create custom scripts for
it, etc...

For my part, I still use the binary build provided by OpenOffice.org on
my Potato machine. Does the job well (though you might need to tweak the
soffice script as well as do other fixes to resolve some issues re OOo
1.0 - especially the locking and fonts issues).

--

  -->paolo

Paolo Alexis Falcone
pfalcone@free.net.ph
GnuPG KeyID 0xEADFF6F4

Tel# (632)6429577
Fax# (632)6429561
Mobile# +639174379283
"You are a software developer. On the cutting edge. You need the
latest and greatest in computer technology. That's why you use, uh,
Unix. Yeah. Anyway, even if your operating system harks back to the
1960s, you definitely can't live without the most modern software
development and management systems available" -- quote adapted