Re: start script

Hi,

* LRoland@web.de <LRoland@web.de> [020702 15:57]:
> Hi
>
> I created successfully a script in the directory /etc/init.d/ and can
> run this script with "script start" or "script reload" etc.
>
> I made a link (S45scriptname) in the /etc/rc2.d/ directory to this
> script (and later also a in /etc/rcS ) - but if I boot my Debian Linux
> box, the script will not be executed.

Assuming all the permissions are correct you need to be aware of the
fact that the file name needs to meet some specific critera.. sorry I can't
remember what they are. However they are things like having to be lowercase,
not having underscores or .'s etc... (don't take these examples literally
I can't remember exactly what the conditions are).

> I assume that I miss something here. Is there an entry necessary
> in a configuration file? Is there a documentation about the whole
> boot process on a Debian box?

Guess it must exist. A case of WITFM (Where Is TFM).

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian 3.0
Linux onefish 2.4.18-lavienx #1 Tue Jun 25 19:07:48 EST 2002 i686 unknown