Particular fetchmail setup

Dear All - my current mail configuration works like a charm. I have poll
my provider's uucp-spool regularly over tpc/ip and have sendmail deliver
this from the mail queue into the various:

  /var/mail/user

files. Now my new employer has given me a new external pop account and I
would like to add this to my regular mail. Because I am a little
reluctant to changing a working system (particularly when sendmail is
involved ;-)) and thus try to find a little advice here.
I have been told that fetchmail is the way to achieve what I want, so I
have installed this from woody. My setup seems to require only one user
(me) to add an extra mail feed so I suppose there is no need for a
system wide install.

I would be most grateful for any suggestions or sample configs that
might help in my situation!

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>