Re: Modules autloading and cleaning

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 08:32:40AM -0400, tvn1981 wrote:
> Hi,my /etc/modules have the following (I put them there myself)
>
> af_packet  #I don't even know if this is needed
> 3c59x
> mousedev
> vfat
> ide-scsi
>
> Where would the the appropriate place to put them so the kernel
> daemon can autoclean those?

Well, the whole idea of listing things in /etc/modules is for stuff that
you DON'T want cleaned out.  Like your network card that's listed there...
do you really want that to go away?  Not that it would, of course, even if
it were marked auto-clean.

Which of these do you want to be disappearing on you?  I can't see any
reason for removal of any save perhaps vfat, and the kernel can load that
on its own when it wants it without any help from the user. :)

--
Marc Wilson
msw@cox.net