Re: cannot access some https sites with any browser

> > Does anybody on this list know if there is any way that my kernel could
> > be having a problem with routing secure connections to my web browsers?
> >
> > I am no expert, but it seems to me that the problem is not with mozilla.
>
> I have not read the previous mail but it seems easy to check if the
> problem is with mozilla or somewhere else :
>
>    install an alternate ssl-aware browser.
>
> I would suggest lynx.

OK I've tried Lynx and it dosen't work with my bank

https://welcome5.smile.co.uk/servlet/SmileBanking

It gives the same results as mozilla and netscape (it just times out and
cannot make the connection).
Please could someone advise anything that I could do to troubleshoot this
problem. Thanks, Ben Thompson.