Re: please kindly get back to me

On Mon, 01 Jul 2002 12:06:31 -0400
"Travis Crump" <pretzalz@techhouse.org> wrote:

> At least for me, the only reason the original message was caught was
> that it was listed in the Razor database, and regardless the reply isn't
> going to be listed...

This is not always the case.  Using SA (or other tools) along with Vipul's
Razor could result in messages such as Soul Computer's response being
listed in the Razor database.

However, as I've stated before messages such as these should be filtered
by the list itself rather than be propagated to the entire list of
subscribers, regardless of whether the subscribers have automated filters.
 The shear fact that many subscribers do have automated filters simply
re-enforces the fact that it is possible (and in many cases easy) to
install such filtering mechanisms.

Some people may claim that filtering of this nature would be against the
free aspects of Debian.  I (obviously) don't agree with this point of
view.  Just because we want something to be free doesn't mean that we
should accept outright abuse.  Messages such as this have nothing at all
to do with Debian or anything remotely related to this list.

--
Jamin W. Collins