chinese characters and Evolution

Hello,

I would like to see Chinese characters on my emails with Evolution. By
selecting various Chinese encodings, I only see ugly squares or strange
characters. I also installed as many as possible Chinese related fonts
but it still doesn't work. I have the same problem for korean,
cyrillic,... However, it works in Opera but I think the mechanism is
different.
By the way, I use an up-to-date woody.

Any idea?

Fabian

Fabian Dortu

Collegeberg 16                          .~.
3000 Leuven                             /V\
Belgium                                /( )\
                                       ^^-^^
Phone   : 32-475-599268
e-mails : Fabian.Dortu@wanadoo.be
          Fabian.Dortu@student.kuleuven.ac.be