Network setup eth0 +/- ppp0

Hi,

I am trying to get my Sun Sparcstation to access the internet
and NFS mounts on my main system. I don't know a lot about
networking and am trying to understand at least the basics.

I am not sure what's going wrong, but I guess if the basics are not
well in place, the rest won't work.

So I would like to know, how one is supposed to setup eth0 in a
machine that uses the physical interface behind eth0 to access the
internet via ppp0.

I have eth1 to talk to my network (well, one other machine). I want
to use the 192.168.1.x range for my local machines.

Intel eth0 = 192.168.1.1
Intel eth1 = 192.168.1.2
Intel ppp0 = automagically assigned by ISP/dial-in script
Sparc eth0 = 192.168.1.3

I want eth1 to be used for the 192.168.1.0 network . What setting
does the eth0 interface need, so that ppp0 operation will not be
interrupted and not interfere with any routing from and through the
Sparc eth0 and Intel eth1 interface? (excuse the layman speak)

I hope I have made myself clear. Once I am sure about the basic eth*
interfaces, I can work up to the higher level NAT, firewall, inetd
stuff I hope.

Bob