Re: Adaptec RAID Card installation

#include <hallo.h>
[DAZ]tof wrote on Mon Jul 01, 2002 um 09:14:48AM:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to install a Adaptec RAID Card
> 2110s on a debian Woody, but the drivers
> offert by adaptec are for Redhat or Suse
> distribution. So I've a dpt_i2o.o driver
> but i don't kown how compil a kernel on
> other compupter and install the new
> kernel on my server.

RTFM. If the module is for 2.4.1x kernel, you have a good chance to get it
working. Make a MSDOS-formated floppy, create directory boot on it, and copy
the .o-module to this directory. In the installer, choose "Preload essential
modules from a floppy" and insert the floppy with module then. Please report
success or failure to me or debian-boot@lists.debian.org.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.