Re: Galeon & email readers

On Monday 01 July 2002 10:32 am, Vittorio wrote:
> Well, I'm using galeon under woody & gnome 1.4.
>
> My problem is to set galeon (or gnome ????) to start balsa (or what
> else ??) when in a site is possible to send an email by a simple
> click, like in the many info@xxx.com.
>
> I have tried putting (a bit at random I admit) in galeon ->preferences
> dialog - programs 'balsa %u' to no avail.
>
> Could you please help me?

I use kmail in Galeon, but the process is the same.
In Galeon;
Settings...Preferences...Handlers...Programs - set Mail Handler to Gnome
In Gnome control centre (gnomecc);
Document Handlers...URL Handlers - add a mailto protocol. I use kmail "%s"

Of course, there might be a better way - if so I'd be happy to hear it.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net    /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /