Re: Possible anti-spam reject host

hi ya gary

> >> refused by blackhole site dnsbl.njabl.org
> >
> >see http://www.njabl.org/enduser.html
>
> /documentclass(rant)
> /begin(document)
>
> These blacklists may be more trouble than they're worth if they are used
> indiscriminately.  My own ISP checks negative on 31 BLs, positive on 3,

ditto ...  yuppers..

there are 126 RBLs on one list and 76 on another...
	http://www.moensted.dk/spam/
	http://www.declude.com/junkmail/support/ip4r.htm

- so far .. all those that got rejected based on RBLs are valid rejects
  of spammers ...

- i think that a mail server admin  should get itself back OUT of the rbl
  is they are truely not an open relay... or supporting spammers
	- takes a lot of effort sometimes ...
	-
	- sometimes simply testing yourself for an open relay get you
	listed as what happened to one of my boxes... that was a pain
	to get back out..

- my spam level went from say 100/day down to one-z two-z now ..
  "very lonely" now :-) ...
	- reject anything with bad reverse dns
	- reject based on the rbls
	- reject based on subject line
	- reject based on content-type
		( didnt like html-based emails .. all gone now )

- personal emails vs business emails probably require different levels of
 anti-spam filters
	personal stuff could do a "reject all except known friends"

	and business emails would be "accept all emails and check/reject spams"

-- after spending the week or so playing with various antispam stuff...
	- its still cheaper/faster in the long run to hit the "delete" key
	( esp if a ready-to-go solution is not ready for ya )

have fun
alvin
http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/antispam.gwif.html .. anti-spam sendmail.m4 ..