Re: Kills Linux hdd's?

Hello Ben
ben came to use his tongue on Fri, May 31, 2002 at 04:54:01PM -0700
> hi frank, first off, you need new friends. second, either your mail--dated
> dec 31, 1999--mysteriously took two and a half years to get to the list or
> you need to replace that little lithium battery on the motherboard. third, on

Yup, I need at least more friends using linux. And the date crashed
with my last hdd caused system freeze and I didn't realized it before
sending two emails to debian-user. But the date has been restored.

> the issue of your history of damaged hardware, given that so many variations
> are involved, i'm wondering if the physical location of your different
> systems has always been the same. is their anything close by that gives off
> electromagnetic interference? is their a kid in the house who might be
> sticking pennies in the cd slot? a crack in your favorite coffee mug that

Nope i changed rooms. The 40 GByte hdd has been 'infected' in my new
room. Hm, Here are just my PC, monitor and my videorecorder. I dont't
think to much interferences - the shortest distance from my other gadgets
to the PC is about 30 cm. And no, there's no kid running around and my
favourite coffe mug is leak-proof :)

> sits on top of the box? as far as linux being responsible, i really can't
> imagine how it could be.

Hm, maybe I am just banished from my sanctuary? Argl, where are the
Wizards when you need them? :)

Frank

P.S.: I don't even have a mobile phone (heard of interferences between
some hdd's and those gadgets)