Re: insmod lt_serial, lt_modem on Acer Extensa 501 Dx

From: Olivier Crouzet <olivier.crouzet@free.fr>
To: debian-laptop <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
Subject: insmod lt_serial, lt_modem on Acer Extensa 501 Dx
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 17:21:37 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to get my lt winmodem work under linux. I have compiled my own
kernel and made the corresponding kernel-headers package using make-kpkg.
Everything works fine since I have installed this new kernel but I
encounter problems with the insertion of the lt_serial module (which has
to be inserted before the lt_modem one).

HI there Olivier
I'm very new to linux but I do have my lt winmodem in my latop going great.
I downloaded the latest source at the time I installed, maybe 3 months back.
I cant remember which version of the driver it was. I did the ./build_module then the deb creation and it worked without a hitch. I installed debian Woody onto my compaq 1692 I have kernel version 2.4.18-bf2.4. It goes exactly as well as it did under windows. I tried redhat before trying Debian as my main requirement was to get the machine to run all it's own hardware, but always incorrect kernel headers or symbol conflicts etc. I'm not certain but I think lt_serial is a driver written by Lucent or agere as a raw core driver which the linux ommunity packages around different kernel versions and flavours of linux...I might well be wrong. But when I made deb it said the lt_serial was a proprietory driver where as lt_modem is free or whatever.
Dont suppose this helps much but take heart it will work.
I think it is maybe something to do with your custom kernel.
All the best to you, have you contacted linmodems.org?
Mike

Olivier.

--

  Olivier Crouzet