Re: Sound (?)

> I've done most of my experimenting with XMMS, so that's where this question
> comes from.
>
> When you try to use XMMS to play an MP3, what happens? Do you get an error
> about checking for the correct output plugin? Or does it seem to play but
> you simply hear no sound?
>
> Kent

When I try to play an MP3, it brings up te standard error window asking if
I've configured my card properly, have no programs blocking the card, and if I
have the correct output plugin. I tried messing around with the output plugin,
but there wasn't much to play around with. When I run lsmod, I see that all
the modules are present, and when I look at amixer, I see that the volume
levels are correct. I'm pretty much stumped! What do you (or anyone else on
the list) think of the situtation?

Alex