Re: vfat and samba

Stefano D'Ubaldi wrote:
Hello everyone!!
I migrated to debian 2.2r5 from windows98 preserving the original vfat filesystem ;
then I installed samba 2.0.8 in order to share this
filesystem with
other users in the network for read-write access;
it works fine but whenever the win9x clients  create
with explorer
a new folder in the shared resource,   they receive
a "error trying to create the object-the object
alreay exists" message and the folder is created at
last.
How can I avoid this unpleasant message??

try to mount the vfat partition with the umask=0 option. this will
give everybody write access on vfat, but could solve the problem.

hope this helps.

pietro.