Re: packages

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 08:09:16AM -0500, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2002 14:52:47 +0200
> "Sean Preston" <sean@hst.org.za> wrote:
> > The problem I have with adding unstable or testing is that so often it
> > wants to upgrade large numbers of packages and I am unsure how good
> > these are at this stage and would prefer to stick with the stable branch
> > but still be able to use newer applications.
>
> At this point, the best solution would be to move to testing.  It's more
> or less as stable as potato at this point (I only say more or less because
> a few packages still have out standing bugs/issues that appear to be
> holding up the release).

The release is being held up due to infrastructural problems with
security updates, not any particular packages. I understand that a few
packages will be updated before the release to fix security problems
that have come to light since the hard freeze at the beginning of May,
but that's a different issue.