installing debian

Hi, I need to install Debian and I've looked at some of the information about installation and I understand the first step is to read material specific to individual infrastructure for example, alpha, sparc, power pc. . . .

I have an AMD athlon processor Iand an asus motherboard I don't see that this corresponds to the available options of infrastructure listed?  Does it?  what type of infrastrucutre should I relate to?  Can someone please advise me?  Much thanx in advance.

MCF