From: ben
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: 5/31/2002 2:07 AM
Subject: Re: X server setup

On Thursday 30 May 2002 10:52 pm, Slootbeek, Jule S wrote:
>  I just looked into that XF86Config file, but to me everything looked
fine,
> since the log file doesn't realy give me any specifics i have no idea
what
> to look for...
> I'll look again and look around..
> thanks
>
> Jule

the app xf86config produces /etc/XF86Config. they are two different
things.
as i said, run xf86config. it will tell you what it needs.

$ man xf86config
xf86config(1)
xf86config(1)

NAME
       xf86config - generate an XF86Config file

SYNOPSIS
       xf86config

DESCRIPTION
       xf86config is an interactive program for generating an XF86Config
file
       for use with XFree86 X servers.

ben

ps. you don't need to cc to me. i read the list.