From: ben
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: 5/31/2002 1:51 AM
Subject: Re: X server setup

On Thursday 30 May 2002 10:15 pm, Slootbeek, Jule S wrote:
> hey guys,
> whenever i try to start X i get this error:
> fatal Server Error:
> No Screens found.
>
> how do i get the GUI for Xsetup? i tried with xf86configure but it
didn't
> help and for me to go into the XF86Config file would turn out as a
> disaster.
>
> i have a NEC Multisync 70 w/ a NVidia Riva TNT2  card (nv module)
runing
> Woody.
>
> ay ideas?
> i know it's a command, but it just slipped my mind..
> thanks,
>
> Jule

try running xf86config. it will ask for a bunch of info about your
hardware.
the no screens message means that /etc/XF86Config in its default state
isn't
configured to suit your system. it's worth your while to get acquainted
with
that file, since editing it is a whole lot easier than going through the

config process for every little change you may need to make.

ben