Re: decode base64 encoded partial files with mutt?

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 06:41:55PM +0200, Matijs van Zuijlen wrote:
| On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 08:01:57PM +0200, Bruno Boettcher wrote:
| > Hello!
| > i have a guy who doesn't stop to send me the info i need in splitted
| > word documents, and he's unable to change his behaviour...
|
| What's a splitted word document?

See RFC 2046, section 5.2.2.  (word really has nothing to do with
this, except it is creating the over-large data)

~~~~
5.2.2.  Partial Subtype

   The "partial" subtype is defined to allow large entities to be
   delivered as several separate pieces of mail and automatically
   reassembled by a receiving user agent.  (The concept is similar to
   IP fragmentation and reassembly in the basic Internet Protocols.)
   This mechanism can be used when intermediate transport agents limit
   the size of individual messages that can be sent.  The media type
   "message/partial" thus indicates that the body contains a fragment
   of a larger entity.
~~~~

-D

--