Re: exim's header rewrite

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 06:56:05PM +0800, Michael C Alonzo wrote:
> I have two pop mail servers, 1 from my ISP and one from softhome.net.
> here's my mailing list subscriptions:
>
>         PACIFIC.NET.PH(ISP)             SOFTHOME.NET
>
>         debian-user                     boost-users
>         lyx-devel                       oss-dev.free.net.ph
>
> What i want to do is if the mail comes from my ISP, exim should rewrite
> my "From:" to "From: mike <mikhz@pacific.net.ph>", but if the mail comes
> from softhome.net my "From: " should be "From: mike
> <jmalonzo@softhome.net>". in exim's spec, the format is something like:

I might be dimm, but what's that you're after?  You see, the From
header is there to indicate who wrote the email, not in what pop-box
the mail has been.

Or (starting to guess) are you using fetchmail to retrieve the mails
from those two pop-accounts and do you want to preserve somewhere
through what pop box the mail came?

Or (more guessing) do you seek for ways to adjust your From header
whilst replying depending on some attribute of the mail you're
replying to (like through what pop box / ISP it came to you)?

--
groetjes, carel