Re: font display problem in mozilla

In mlist.debian-user, you wrote:
> Yeah, myself and a colleague at work have both seen it. It's an
> off-by-one error in their rendering engine, but I'm not sure if it's
> filed; I can never find my way around in Mozilla's bug tracking
> system.

I actually looked this up once; it was reported fixed in debian bug
#138788, which refers to bugzilla bug #83289. That "fix" didn't work,
though, or at least didn't address all the problems. I suppose #138788
should be reopened.

> Selecting the text also causes the display glitch to disappear, by the
> way.

Yes. You can often see text jump by a few pixels when you select it;
however, the resulting position isn't always correct. You can also fix
the entire display by switching to another virtual desktop and back, and
you can sometimes see offsets change in galeon's display by moving
another window around on top of it.

Jason