Re: attach3...aprox 189kB

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 05:18:32PM +0930, Tom Cook wrote:

> Those attachments (as you will find at the end of this mail) are
> indeed 'some sort of privacy thing' - sort of.  They are signatures to
> verify where the mail came from.  Now don't quote me on this, but I
> believe the way the signatures work is that the message is signed with
> the author's private key, which can then only be decrypted with the
> author's public key.

Actually, signed with the private, verified with public.  You can
encrypt with public and decrypt with private to be sure *only* the owner
of that key can read the message.

Related question:
What level of trust is appropriate to sign keys recieved from PGP
servers and verified looking at the source of the email with the same
key-ID?

--
Baloo