Re: woody is killing me

On Thu, 30 May 2002 06:16:10 -0400
"Tom Allison" <tallison1@twmi.rr.com> wrote:

> apache & apache-common are in disagreement about versioning and
> therefore I have no web server.

Just installed a woody system yesterday from my local mirror (updated
nightly) and have apache running with no problem.  Nor have I had any
problems with updating my mirror.

> ucspi-tcp is in disarray over libc6 libraries, yet there is nothing
> else available from Debian.

Installed this a few days before on another woody system I have with no
problems.

> So, in hopes of getting something useful out of what would otherwise
> be a <rant>, how would / should I go about getting some of this
> resolved for real?  I don't know that it is as simple as doing another
> apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade as I've already tried that one.

Does "apt-get -u upgrade" list any packages that are _not_ being upgraded?

--
Jamin W. Collins