woody is killing me

OK, I'll fess up. I am dying over here with woody's recent release status and the facts that:
I have seen zero package updates in the past month.
and
I have a pile of stuff that is running into dependency problems and it's been a month or better on all of them. Major level of frustration here. apache & apache-common are in disagreement about versioning and therefore I have no web server. ucspi-tcp is in disarray over libc6 libraries, yet there is nothing else available from Debian.

Interestingly enough I haven't heard about any of these problems from anyone else out there....

So, in hopes of getting something useful out of what would otherwise be a <rant>, how would / should I go about getting some of this resolved for real? I don't know that it is as simple as doing another apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade as I've already tried that one.
What next?