Re: Weirdness in "apt-get upgrade"

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 10:16:01PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Why does "apt-get -u -d upgrade" suddenly say "and 0  not upgraded"?
> It should say "886 not upgraded".  (It worked ~1 week ago, when last
> I refreshed my machine.)

The "not upgraded" isn't a total over all packages; it refers to
packages where apt knows about a newer version but isn't upgrading it
for other reasons. For example, I have kaffe on hold:

  The following packages have been kept back
    kaffe
  0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1  not upgraded.