pppoe

Hi!

I need your help once again.  I can't connect to my DSL provider. I modified
everything as described in the docs and tried 'pon dsl-provider' as root.
This what the logs are saying:

	pppd[1628]: pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
	pppd[1628]: Serial connection established.
	modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module tty-ldisc-3
	pppd[1628]: Couldn't set tty to PPP discipline: Invalid argument
	pppoe[1629]: PADS: Service-Name: ''
	pppoe[1629]: PPP session is 5024
	pppoe[1629]: read (asyncReadFromPPP): Input/output error
	pppoe[1629]: Sent PADT

So what is the purpose of this tty-ldisc-3 module? Do I need it for pppoe?

And another question: the username my provider sent me contains a slash (/)
int it. Should that be a problem? Or is that a sign that I'll be only
able to connect to them with their windows dial software?

Thanks for your time!

Christian Schoenebeck

(please cc me)