Deinterlacer

Hi.

I'm experiencing some problems taking snapshots with an AXIS 2420 Webcamera. The pictures in hires are interlaced and i need to know if there is any deinterlacer program i can use.

I know there are lots of those programs for a platform which name i are prohibited to say in this list ;)
but surely there must exist many of these for the GNU/Linux (Debian) platform as well.

Perhaps there exists a package to install.

It would be nice if the deinterlacer was a stand alone filter which i could use in the following manner.

deinterlace -someflag source dest

/peterh