Re: woody

On 2002.05.22 20:51 Jerome Acks Jr wrote:
On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 09:34:46PM +0200, Ferdinand Lachmann wrote:
> I am a newby on debian woody 3.0.
> Have a Nvidia GeForce2 DDR in my system.
> Can,t get my xserver running,nor my usb logitech mouse.

I assume you have installed X4.x.

If not, run: apt-get install xserver-xfree86

And make sure you have an entry for testing in /etc/apt/sources.list (the default list only includes entries for stable).

Or run: dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
select the nv driver for your card.

At some point, you will probably want to replace the nv driver that ships with XFree86 with the nvidia driver from nVidia.

HTH,
Ian