Re: OT: debian-beer (was Re: wrapping [was: Re: disable paragraph flows in mozilla?])

On  0, Dale Hair <dale@meridian-electric.com> wrote:
> > Oh boy, here comes a flame war...
> >
> > <opinion source="what I've tasted">
> > The Irish, without a shadow of a doubt, make the best beer in the
> > world.  They are just damn good at it.  After them, and I am trying to
> > be impartial here, we Australians do a damn good beer.  It's not
> > exotic, it doesn't have bits floating in it, it's just cold, clean,
> > smooth and refreshing.  Next, the Germans are very capable beer
> > makers.  After that the whole world really goes to hell, with the
> > French-speakers only not coming last because the Americans do.  As a
> > certain comedy team pointed out, it's like making love in a canoe...
> > </opinion>
>
> Can you give me an example of good Aussie beer that might be available
> in the US.  The only one I can think of is Fosters, I wasn't overly
> impressed with it (as in I will drink one, but I won't buy one).

Oh, good Lord, no.  No no no no no.  Fosters is what we _export_.  Try
to find Coopers' Ales (pale or dark), Carlton United Breweries Crown
Lager or Cold Filtered.  Don't *ever* drink Australian beer from a
can, it's just not worth it.  In fact don't drink *any* beer from a
can (except possibly Caffrey's Ale).

> You're right about American beers, especially the three largest
> brewers.  Are we the only ones that produce a light beer?

No, I hear Fosters does one.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

Classifications of inanimate objects:  Those that don't work, those that break down, and those that get lost.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au