Galeon spinner/toolbar broken?

Hello. I seem to have broken galeon's tool bar/spinner. I believe it was
due to the gdk_imlib packages installed when I tried out kde3 (see
#debian-kde).

Since then, I've purged kde3 and rolled back to kde2. Still no tool bar.
I renamed my .galeon dir and ran through the wizard again.

Still no toolbar.

I tried:
apt-get --reinstall install `apt-cache depends galeon|grep -v
libesd-alsa0| grep -v libstdc| awk '/Depends/ {print $2} '`

And reinstalled all the packages galeon depends on. Still, no tool bar.
Should I remove the package entirely? Should I purge gnome and reinstall
it? Fortunately I have broadband and a fast mirror nearby. I'm just
running out of ideas.

Or is this a known problem that incidentally coincides with my
experimentation with kde3?

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)