Re: Acroread segfault

> In case it helps, I'm appending some output from the XFree86 log at the
> bottom of this message.  The video card is an ATI built into the
> system's motherboard, I don't know much about the chipset and the log
> output doesn't tell me much either; if it will help, I can probably find
> out more from Dell.  I can also send along the output of 'strace
> acroread <file>' if that would be useful.
>
> I'm aware of xpdf and I've recommended it as a workaround for now, but I
> expect my users to need the feature set of Acroread itself sooner or
> later.

I see nothing in the X log that is suspicious.

If you run acroread from a terminal does it print any useful errors/messages?
You could also try running it under strace, that may help pinpoint the problem.

Of course this would be a whole lot simpler if the app's source was available,
but we won't make this into a free/non-free debate.