Re: eject command fails on cdrom-SOLVED

On Wednesday 22 May 09:53, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 13:19:58 +0200, Riaan Rottier wrote:
> > I found the problem...
> >
> > My user did not belong to the group cdrom.
>
> On my machine (Titanium), /dev/hdc (corresponding to the cdrom) has
> the group disk, not cdrom. Is there something wrong?

I think the point here is that the user mounting/umounting needs to be a
member of the group that owns the device file.

 I don't know the arguments for and against that group being cdrom or disk.
On my machine, disk group owns "ram" and "loop" and cdrom group owns hdc which
is the cdrom device (on my machine), and owns scd0 which is my cd writer.

all the best,
Robert_L