Re: Getting perl code to run sgid

At 2002-05-22T12:55:08Z, Dave Sherohman <esper@sherohman.org> writes:

> So, what do I need to do to make this work without adding all users of the
> command-line utility to group www-data or making the config file
> world-readable?

It seems like this is becoming my default answer, but:

Check out 'sudo'.  You can give certain users permission to run certain
programs (and only those programs) as certain other users.  This is
extremely handy in situations like yours, and once you have it properly
configured, you'll start finding other similar uses for it.
--
Kirk Strauser