Re: Strange init

In article <[🔎] 20020522095151.GD29973@arborlon.riva.ucam.org>,
Colin Watson  <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
>On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 01:27:17PM +0700, Oki DZ wrote:
>> I had the following from "ps aux":
>> bdg:~# ps aux | more
>> USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
>> root         1  0.0  0.3  1272  436 ?        S    12:35   0:00 ini
>
>http://bugs.debian.org/132870

Was fixed quite some time ago in 2.84-3, which I apparently forgot
to upload. Hmm, since it isn't release critical this isn't going
to make it into woody, so we'll be stuck with it for the next 2 years ;/

A fix might be to add some extra arguments to the init command
line, try adding

	append="panic=30"

(generally harmless but useful kernel command line, which is passed
 to init as well) to /etc/lilo.conf, re-run lilo, reboot, see
if it helps.

You can also try

	append="-z 123456789"

as that is a special "ignore" command line option for init.

Mike.
--
"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
  - R.D. Lang