Re: recent woody install uses stable instead of unstable

On 22/05/02, Tom Allison (tallison1@twmi.rr.com) wrote:
> Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
>
> >I've just done a woody install on an old PC and was having an unusually
> >torrid time installing packages. Eventually I checked
> >/etc/apt/sources.list and found that 'stable' was specified.
> >I've modified sources.list and run apt-get update. But at the moment
> >apt-get dist-upgrade does nothing. Should I clean out a cache or
> >something?

> If all your sources.list entries contain testing instead of stable then
> you should be fine.
> I actually use both at the same time.  I copy the stable entries and
> rewrite them at the bottom of the file and s/stable/testing/

I have been doing what you suggest (although I don't have your dual
stable/testing setting) and still have problems.

Perhaps this is due to the now documented problem of 'stable' being used
for the initial install rather than 'unstable' ?

Thanks for your help, Tom.
--
Rory Campbell-Lange
<rory@campbell-lange.net>