Re: What package contains gnomecal?

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 11:49:59PM +0100, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 06:46:29PM -0400, stan wrote:
> > I tried apt-cache search gnomecal, but came up dry.
> >
> > I have it installed on one machine, so I know it's out there, but where?
>
> gnome-pim
>
> Which you could also have found out by running:
>
>     $ dpkg --search gnomecal
>
> on the machine where it is installed :-)

Funny.

He wants to know the package for a given soft ... to install it.

If you want to find where is a given binary, you can use the debian
package search page :

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

I suggest to search something like 'bin/gnomecal' instead of gnomecal to
limit the search.

Christophe

> --
> Karl E. Jørgensen
> karl@jorgensen.com
> www.karl.jorgensen.com
> ==== Today's fortune:
> We warn the reader in advance that the proof presented here depends on a
> clever but highly unmotivated trick.
> 		-- Howard Anton, "Elementary Linear Algebra"

There's no sense in being precise when you don't even know what you're
talking about. -- John von Neumann