Re: Recommended tape backup software

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 02:49:47PM -0500, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On 21 May 2002 14:31:02 -0500
> "Ron Johnson" <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> > I think we're well past the point where we must agree to
> > disagree about the best way to back up enterprise databases.
> Agreed.  Now, would it be possible to get back to the original topic "tape
> backup software".  I (for one) am very interested to hear what about
> people experiences, recommendations (or lack thereof) concerning tape
> backup software.  I don't care much for a philisophical debate over
> whether to use tapes or hard drives.  I've already made the decision to
> use tapes and am relatively open to hear what works and what doesn't for
> others out there.

    We use Net Backup, it's not free, it's definately not cheap.

    It is incredibly powerful, which means there are a *lot* of options.
    I don't think they have a linux server. They might. We run it off an
    old Sun U5. We've got 2 spectradrive tape robots hooked up to it,
    with 4 tape drives each, and 40 tapes in each library.

--
My last cigarette was roughly 29 days, 14 hours, 50 minutes ago.
YHBW