Re: Serious "Bug" in most major Linux distros.

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 01:32:48PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> Debian is very strongly against making any decision for you we do not have to
> make.  And almost all of our decisions can be overruled.

But we make the decision to include a dynamically linked shell as root's
login shell, which goes against years of accumulated wisdom in the Unix
world.

We try to avoid making decisions on behalf of our user, but shouldn't
the decisions that we *do* make be the right ones?  This isn't simply a
matter of opinion.  There is a very valid technical reason that root's
shell should be statically linked.  Why don't we ship with that
configuration by default?

noah