Re: Connectix Virtual PC and the Tulip driver.

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 04:10:26PM -0500, David Batey wrote:
> Hello
> I am trying to run Potato on my Win98se machine using Connectix Virtual PC and everything is working even X with one major exception. My network connection is not.
>
> Virtual PC uses emulated hardware.
> s3 trio 32/64 4m video
> sb16 sound
> DEC 21041 network card (supposedly at IRQ 1 but connectix says that it is PNP and has to use DHCP to get its address) my install says it is at addr 0108 and irq 11 but I still can not ping any addresses.
> It seems as if Connectix refers to Linux as RedHat and they site using the autoprobe to configure the driver.
>
> Do I need to force my install to use IRQ 1 and if so how the heck do I do that?..LOL
> Or am I using the wrong driver i.e. use the old_tulip?
>
> Anyone else run into this?

I'm running Virtual PC under MacOS 9. My Debian install under that uses
the same Tulip driver with the same chipset. However, it is showing up
as PCI based (Not ISA PNP, which it sounds like you are). The driver
autodetects it as IRQ 11, and it works fine.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/