Re: OT: regexp spam filter

On Tue, 21 May 2002 09:31:54 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

>On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 08:58:52PM -0500, Gary Turner wrote:
>> My thanks, Alan and Colin.  My own efforts looked much like Colin's
>> examples.
snip

>Ah, Agent as in Forte Agent? Long time since I've used that ...
snip

Exactly.  As a MSWindows app, it is a sane island in an unsane sea.  A
crippled version was provided by my previous ISP (hard coded to their
address).  When I changed ISPs, Forte was nice enough to provide me the
key to open the full version, at no charge.  When I can get Mutt and
Exim to play nicely, I'll make the switch.

>Does it have help files on what kind of regexes it supports? Of course,
>it could also be that they're buggy - you should certainly be able to
>replace (4|5|6|7|8|9) with [4-9] in any sensible regex engine,
snip

Yes, help is there.  I feel certain that it is some nit-picky (local)
syntax thing.  It took ages for me to figure out that I needed to
enclose the regexps in curly braces.  So, as I said---it's time to RTFM
again.
--
gt
It is interesting to note that as one evil empire (generic) fell,