Re: arkeia

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 09:17:50AM +0100, Liam Ward wrote:

Hi Liam!

> On 21 May 2002 at 10:07, Thomas Wegner wrote:
>
> >  Are there any special setups needed to get nservd startet at
> > boottime? I have copied nservd to /etc/init.d and did some symlinks to
> > /etc/rc*.d. But I have still problems while do a test with null drive.
>
> For starting nlservd at boot, leave the binary where it is and make a script called arkeia in
> /etc/init.d (see mine below). Then for the rc symlinks, don't do them by hand but do a:
>
> update-rc.d arkeia defaults
>
> This is the Debian way to organise your /etc/init.d and rc symlinks.

Thanks. It works. But my problems are still the same.  :-((

> > I can login as root on the backup server and do all test preparations
> > til i want to start the interactive backup. There I got some server
> > errors with the message: "chef:/backuppath not ok, error code 3".
^>

> Not sure what that is. It looks like you're backing up to a disk and I've never tried that. I use a
It will also happen when I backup up to a tape.

> DLT. I used to have problems with arkeia unmounting my tape after every use. I can't remember how I
> fixed it but if you think that might be the problem let me know. It's also worth chekcing permissions
> on chef/backuppath.
the permissions are ok. BTW does root in arkeia is the same as root in
linux? I wonder why no password for root is recommended when login
in arkeia.

Thomas
--
E-Mail: thomas_wegner@gmx.net