Re: OT: regexp spam filter

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 08:58:52PM -0500, Gary Turner wrote:
> My thanks, Alan and Colin.  My own efforts looked much like Colin's
> examples.  I still feel that they are the more concise/elegant way to
> go.  There must be some syntactical error I am missing (from the
> viewpoint of Agent's handling of regexp's).

Ah, Agent as in Forte Agent? Long time since I've used that ... (I still
remember running it as my primary newsreader inside WINE for a few
months after I switched to GNU/Linux, until I realized how much I
preferred a purely text-based interface).

Does it have help files on what kind of regexes it supports? Of course,
it could also be that they're buggy - you should certainly be able to
replace (4|5|6|7|8|9) with [4-9] in any sensible regex engine, unless
you're trying to capture the digit and use it in a replacement
expression.