Re: CD install disk

#include <hallo.h>
Vaughan, Curtis wrote on Mon May 20, 2002 um 09:15:02PM:
> About a month ago I created a CD image for a 2.4.x installation, which image
> I created using jigdo.
>
> Regardless,? today, I attempted to do an installation from the CD, which
> started out fine, but then when I got to the part, I think it was, ?install
> modules and drivers,? it asked me for access to a file.  Unfortunately, I
> don?t remember the name of the file or the default location it was trying to
> locate it in, but my question is: why?  Do I need to also burn some files
> and directories to the installation CD?  And, how could that be possible, if
> the CD is burned as an image?  Or, am I completely missing something.

IIRC yes. All base debs and boot-floppies supporting files are on the
first disk, which has also the multiboot feature (at least the newer
versions). All other CDs have only bootblocks with particular kernels,
IIRC.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
 Windows is great, I used it to download Linux.
   -- Seen on Slashdot (14.01.2000)