recompile 2.2.19idepci w/2.2.19 & modules stop working

Hello debian users!

I just used the debian boot floppy to install pototoe 2.2.19 idepci.
Then to use it as a firewall I recompiled the kernel with
kernel-source 2.2.19.  Doing so I lost all my modules including the
NE module for my nic card.  I tried insmod -f ne io=0x300
but it complains about the different kernels and gives library
errors.  I gave the new kernel module support.  Any ideas on how to
get modules working for 2.2.19 kernel?

I think if I had the 2.2.19 idepci kernelsource to recompile it would
work fine, but I can't find it in the debian packages anymore.

Thanks