latex->xpdf

Hi all,

I am fairly new to latex, so this could easily be something I am doing
wierd, but...

When I use latex to convert a source file into a dvi, the dvi looks
great.  Then when I use either dvips->gs or dvipdf to convert the dvi
into a pdf, the pdf looks OK in acroread but unintelligable in xpdf.
It just comes out as a series of lines of dots on the page.  The
commands I am using are:

# latex source.tex
# dvips source.dvi
# gs -sOutputFile=source.pdf -sDEVICE=pdfwrite source.ps

or

# dvipdf source.dvi source.pdf

Any ideas on why xpdf is barfing?

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"Other people's priorities are endlessly odd."
	- Kingsley Amis

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au